Welcome to the International Competition for Young Pianists “Merci, Maestro!” 2022!
International Piano Competition“Merci, Maestro!” is open to young pianists from all around the world.
The Competition will take place in Brussels, Belgium, on April 21-24th, 2022 after a preselection round on March 2-4th, 2022 (preselection is based on video recordings).
There are 3 categories for the competition: A, B and C:
- Category A: for candidates younger than 10 years old (inclusive) at the time of the Competition
- Category B: for candidates from 11 to 14 years old (inclusive) at the time of the Competition
- Category C: for candidates from 15 to 21 years old (inclusive) for the time of the Competition
Planning of the Competition
|21 April, 2022||1st round||Category C||Brussels, music hall “Piano’s Maene”|
|22 April, 2022||1st round||Category A, B||Brussels, music hall “Piano’s Maene“|
|23 April, 2022||2nd round (Final)||All categories||Brussels, music hall “Piano’s Maene“|
|24 April, 2022||GALA concert of winners||All categories||Gothic Hall of the City Administration of Brussels|
The first and the final rounds are open to public for free, places have to be confirmed HERE (subject to COVID regulations)
Gala concert: you can buy tickets HERE (subject to COVID regulations)
Applications have to be submitted before March 1st, 2022
You can register HERE. After registration, all candidates will be invited to participate in the pre-selection round. There is no limit for the number of participants at pre-selection.
However, limited number of participants per category will be selected for the final rounds in Brussels.
Information related to COVID regulations
Despite the pandemic, we will do everything possible to ensure that the competition takes place in person. However, the situation will be re-analyzed on March 5th, 2022, when the selected participants are announced:
- if the Belgian government measures do not allow the event to be held in person in the venue of the competition in Brussels, Belgium,
- if more than half of the participants cannot travel (because they come from countries whose government measures do not authorize travel to Belgium, or because the Belgian government does not authorize the entry of travelers from their country),
then the 2022 edition of “Merci, Maestro!” will be organized online. Practical details will be announced at that time.
Hope to see you all in Brussels!
With best regards,
Artistic Director and Founder of the Competition